The Global Analytics & Data Products organization within Stellantis is looking for a manager to run our platform engineering team. Your mission is to lead a team building the future platform infrastructure at Stellantis while promoting software engineering best practices.
As a Platform Engineering Manager, you will be a software development leader helping us scale our development efforts by managing careers on the team and partnering with stakeholders to deliver an exceptional platform that supports our internal and external data efforts.
Priorities can change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Own the platform that serves thousands of internal users and millions of external users
- Be hands-on while managing and building a team of great developers through coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Act to resolve issues that prevent the team from working effectively
- Partner with platform users to meet their needs
- Design and implement secure, scalable, high-performance, and robust data services for connected vehicle data in distributed data processing platforms using REST, gRPC, and GraphQL
- Design, extend, and review data architecture, model, flow, and integration – be hands-on and involved with every stage of the software development lifecycle
- Possess strong theoretical functional programming principles and can apply them in daily work
- Develop state-of-the-art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practices for instrumentation within software engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline preferred
- 5 years or more of experience in the software engineering and software development life cycle
- 2 years or more of experience managing a team of three or more people
- 5 years or more production experience with Java or Python
- Willingness to learn Scala and Rust
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and propose a range of meaningful solutions
- Production experience with streaming technologies like Kafka
- Production experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or GitHub Actions
- Production experience with creating containerized applications using Docker and running them on Kubernetes.
- 2 years experience writing SQL queries
- Production experience in AWS using IAM, EKS, EC2, S3
- Production experience writing efficient Rust code
- Production experience with one or more functional languages such as F#, Kotlin, Scala, or Haskell
- Production experience using Domain Driven Design (DDD)Production experience creating REST APIs
At Stellantis, we assess candidates based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, age, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation and disability. Diverse teams will allow us to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and care for our future.
Our benefits reflects the STELLANTIS commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.