Mobilisights: enabling a smarter world
Exponential growth in adoption and deployment of connected cars and devices is bringing previously unavailable datasets to market – at scale and in real-time.
Our vision is a ‘smarter’ world where innovative applications and services leverage connected vehicle datasets, and the insights they provide, to dramatically transform and continually improve everyday lives for consumers and businesses. Stellantis, one of the largest global car makers and the parent company of fourteen of the most iconic industry brands including Jeep, Fiat, Maserati, Peugeot, and more, has created Mobilisights, a Data-as-a-Service Business Unit, which will harness sensor and other data from millions of connected vehicles and other devices to support data products and services for a growing array of customers and applications.
Priorities can change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop large-scale highly configurable, scalable, robust fault-tolerant real time and batch data processing solution to process(transform) large scale streaming data received from connected cars and various external data sources
- Drive end to end process including development, code review, testing, continuous integration, and delivery (CI/CD), and deployment
- Leading a team of engineers and working closely with cross-functional teams to define and deliver the platform
- Collaborating with stakeholders to understand their data needs and ensuring that the platform meets their requirements
- Be data driven in decision making and influencing teams, business and partners
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies that simplify or improve the tech stack
- Envision, design, write and deliver software and infrastructure to improve the reliability, scalability, latency, operability, and efficiency of your services
- Continuously monitoring and optimizing the platform’s performance and scalability
- Promote excellent software engineering practice and produce high quality code to ensure high availability post deployment
- Providing technical leadership and mentoring to other engineers on the team
- Providing on-call support for the platform and troubleshooting any issues that arise
#Stellantis is becoming a #mobility #tech company with the size of a powerhouse and the soul of a startup. Mobilisights represents this vision and future. We are part of Stellantis – a global company with 300 000 employees and will fully leverage the resources and the benefits that provides, but we are built like a startup and operate like one, too.
A truly global company, Mobilisights have teams all over the world and we work entirely remotely.
Great mobility solutions start with great people! This is an exciting time to join us!
The driving force behind us is the diverse and talented group of men and women around the world who bring their passion and experience to their work every day. And while we are a truly global organization, we remain deeply rooted in the communities in which we operate, and our people live and work.
At Mobilisights, we assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, age, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and disability.
Diverse teams will allow us to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and care for our future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree field
- 10 years or more of industry software engineering experience building software and a proven track record of having shipped successful software products & services
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience and deep expertise in architecting and building products/platforms using popular public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GC)
- Comprehensive experience and familiarity with client-side UI technologies like react, Angular, streamlit, back-end technologies for API development like Node.js as well as 3rd party products and platforms that can be integrated to rapidly build the data monetization platform
- Experience in designing and practicing DevSecOps
- Experience in designing foundations of Operational excellence and implementing it
- Candidates with advanced degree in Computer Science/Eng or related fields accepted at lower experience level
Apply All Jobs